Glen Eira Town Hall

Originally known as Caulfield Shire Hall, the building was designed by Shire surveyor Sydney Smith. Only part of Smith's design was implemented due to cost issues. The foundation stone was laid in December 1884 by Shire President J W Crosbie. A second-storey (without the tower top) and a portico were added in 1891.

In 1931, Caulfield Town Hall, as it was then known was remodelled to include the main hall and foyer and a Neo-Grecian portico with Corinthian Order columns. It was officially re-opened on 25 February and dedicated on 31 March. Local materials were used wherever possible. The project involved many local unemployed tradesmen and was a major part of Council’s local employment relief scheme during the Great Depression.

Major works completed since 1945 include Caulfield Arts Complex (opened 20 August 1988), Caulfield Library (opened 4 December 1993) and the award-winning Caulfield Municipal Offices extension which opened on 24 February 1991.