Glen Eira Mayor Cr Margaret Esakoff said today’s announcement is a great result for the Glen Eira community.
“Thanks to this generous contribution, Bentleigh Library will be transformed from an undersized, congested facility into a vibrant new civic centre, which will also be the new home for our Youth Services,” she said.
“The new Bentleigh Library and Youth Hub will include flexible multipurpose spaces that can be adapted to deliver a range of services, programs and events for young people, adults, and families through to senior citizens.”
The new Bentleigh Library and Youth Hub will feature:
- flexible programming spaces;
- independent study areas;
- an expanded area to browse book collections;
- support services and programs for youth;
- a teen lounge;
- a Changing Places facility for people with disabilities and their carers to use;
- a fully equipped training room; and
- a recording and editing suite.
The Bentleigh Library and Youth Hub is expected to be completed in mid-2022.
Media enquiries: Amarita Kinnoo t:0409 169 275