With Kanopy, you can stream over 26,000 films from award-winning documentaries, indie and foreign films, Australian films, television series, must-see classics and blockbuster movies on every topic imaginable. Includes Kanopy Kids - thoughtful entertainment for kids aged preschool and up. Please note: parental controls are available for both Kanopy and Kanopy Kids.
Get started with Kanopy
1. Go to https://gleneira.kanopystreaming.com and create an account by clicking on the orange Sign Up button (top right)
2. Go to your email account to verify your email address
3. Add your library card number and PIN
4. Start watching films!
How does Kanopy work?
- You can use any device with a web browser
- You can watch a maximum of 10 videos per month - credits do not carry over to the next month
- You have 3 days to watch a film. Once you click play it will count as a credit
- Create your own watch lists and rate films
- New content is added every month
- For the visually impaired, Kanopy is fully compatible with all screen readers on desktop browsers, as well as with iOS and Android devices.
With hoopla digital you can borrow movies and TV shows (as well as music, e-audiobooks, e-books, and comics) to enjoy on your desktop, phone, tablet, Alexa devices, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, and Android TV! Make sure to download the app to take your borrows anywhere.
Get started with hoopla
- Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com.au/
- Create your hoopla account using your email address and a password
- Select Glen Eira Libraries and enter your library membership number and PIN
- Find a title you like and click borrow.
How does hoopla work?
- You get 5 Instant Borrows each month. These Instant Borrows will reset every month and you can borrow more than one title at a time.
- Videos are available for 72 hours after you borrow
- Use Advanced Search to look for titles in languages other than English.