Things we consider when taking on a new title
- If the title is in print and available from library suppliers
- The age and currency i.e. published in the last two years. Some exceptions apply; titles missing from a series; classic texts
- Format and quality
- Price i.e. generally under $100 RRP
- Suitability to the Glen Eira community
Materials we generally do not acquire
- A specialised or scholarly work of interest to a limited audience
- "Gift" books; limited editions; textbooks; spiral bound books; mini books
- Titles only available via mail order or online sites
What happens next?
If your suggestion is purchased, a reservation is placed on your behalf.
Please note: reservations are currently free, and a maximum of ten reservations per membership at a time applies.
Not all suggestions are purchased. If we do not purchase the title, a message is placed on your membership record.