The Age Library Edition
The digital edition of The Age contains every page, article, photo, table, advertisement and cartoon published in the printed edition. Content is available from 2006 and is updated regularly.
You will need to be logged in with your library membership number (starting with C or 23162) and PIN and go to 'View resource online' to access this.
eMagazines are now available through BorrowBox. Enjoy a range of Australian and international magazine titles on your computer, phone or tablet.
Read magazines on your computer
- Login to BorrowBox with your library membership number (beginning with C or 23162) and password.
- Search or browse e-Press to find a title you'd like to read.
- Click the Borrow button.
- Select the Borrow Issue Only button to borrow and read that issue of the magazine or Confirm Loan + Subscribe to borrow that issue and subscribe to all forthcoming issues.
- Select the Read now button to read in your web browser or click the Download ePress Title to download a file to your computer - you will need Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer for this to work.
For assistance with using Adobe Digital Editions to download eMagazines, click the Help file at the bottom of any BorrowBox page.
Read magazines on the BorrowBox app
- Download and install the BorrowBox app on your device
- Open the BorrowBox app
- Select your library, then enter your library membership number (beginning with C or 23162) and password.
- Search and browse ePress.
- Borrow and read a single issue, or subscribe to all forthcoming issues.
Update for Libby users: Libby will not be available from 7 August.
Which smartphone or washing machine should you buy? Choice provides independent consumer advice you can trust.
Choice magazine is available in print or through the Flipster digital magazine newsstand.
Watch our video about how to use Flipster for Choice.
Read Choice using a web browser on your computer
- Visit Flipster for Choice
- Enter your Glen Eira Library Membership ID (starting with C or 23162) and click Sign In
- Click on the magazine cover to open the latest issue
- Once the latest issue is opened you can search and access other issues of Choice using the menu in the top-right
Read Choice using the Flipster app on your phone or tablet
- Download and install the Flipster app:
- Open the app and tap the Find a Library or Get Started button
- Search for Glen Eira Libraries and when it appears tap the Log In button
- Enter your Glen Eira Library Membership ID (starting with C or 23162) and tap Sign In
- Tap on the magazine cover to bring up the latest issue and the list of back issues
- Download the issue to begin reading it in the app
Searching through all available issues is only available when accessing Choice using a web browser.
Good Reading Hub
This hub for book lovers is from the publishers of "Good Reading Magazine".
Find loads of articles about books and authors plus independent reviews of the latest books. There are many by Australian and New Zealand authors, as well as some old favourites that we need to be reminded of, just because they are so good!
Listen to podcasts, keep up with the latest book news and find the best books for kids. All in one place.
eMagazines are available through a hoopla BingePass. A BingePass allows unlimited access to a collection for 7 days for a single hoopla credit.
- Visit hoopla and login or sign up with your library card number (beginning with C or 23162) and password. You'll also need an email address.
- Once logged in, use the Browse option to locate and open the BingePasses collection.
- Look for and click on the hoopla Magazines BingePass
- To check the available magazines, click the What titles are included link and to borrow the BingePass click the Borrow button.
hoopla is also available as an app for your phone or tablet:
PressReader newspapers and magazines
PressReader offers you unlimited premium access to newspapers, magazines and other digital content from more than 100 countries across the world.
Watch our video about how to use PressReader.
Using PressReader on a computer
- Visit the PressReader website
- Click the Sign in button and then the Library or Group button
- Search for Glen Eira Libraries and then login with your library card
Using PressReader on a phone or tablet
- Download and install the PressReader app for your device
- Tap the Sign in button and then the Libraries & Groups button
- Tap the Select Library or Group button and type Glen Eira Libraries - tap on the name when it appears
- Login with your library card